CDHD to Offer Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) Vaccine to Children and Adults - Monday, March 9
- CDHD's Boise clinic will offer another special by-appointment MMR clinic on Monday, March 9th, offering appointments to adults and children between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Call 327-7450 to make an appointment.
- A limited number of adult MMR doses are available in Elmore and Valley counties. In Valley County, call 630-8002 >> In Elmore County, call 587-4407.
- CDHD provides all vaccines year round to children ages 0-18.
February 6, 2015
Idaho Public Health Officials Warn that Mumps Outbreak Involving University Students Has Spread to Boise and State of Washington
An outbreak of mumps that began in September 2014 among students at the Moscow campus of the University of Idaho continues to spread outside the Moscow area.
February 2, 2015
As of Feb. 2, there are no reported cases of measles in Idaho. To learn more about measles and how to prevent it, click here.
March 3rd | Cholesterol Screening and
Cardiac Risk Assessment at CDHD
Tuesday, March 3rd | 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Screening includes HDL/LDL levels, Cholesterol/HDL ratio, triglycerides, blood pressure check, and nutrition and exercise guidelines. No appointment needed!Cost $20 (cash or check only, please)
- Important Screening Details
January 26, 2015
Idaho reports significant increase in number of flu-related deaths
A dramatic increase in influenza-related deaths in Idaho is causing public health officials to urge Idaho residents to take measures to protect themselves from flu. The state is reporting 16 flu-related deaths as of Jan. 22, an increase from just three reported deaths on Jan. 8. The majority of those deaths are for people over the age of 80.
Idaho flu season in full swing; health officials urge measures to protect children and elderly
January 5, 2015
FREE Tobacco Cessation Classes
Quitting tobacco continues to be a leader among the list of most popular New Year’s Resolutions. Is 2015 YOUR year to quit?
December 16, 2014
Healthy Initiatives for Boise Child Care Providers
Information & Upcoming Training Dates
CDHD and the City of Boise are working together to provide child care providers with the tools they need to comply with the City’s ordinance which focuses on limited screen time, increased physical activity, nutrition and infant feeding. Learn more here.
Immunization Records Request
Do you need a copy of your or your child's Immunizations Records? Follow the link below for instructions on requesting those records.
Measles: Learn More
Ebola Virus: Learn More
Find a tobacco cessation class near you